To observe a child beginning to speak a language is quite interesting. My two year old nephew has just managed to articulate a few words, in his own language. I thought of listing down a few words he uses, with corresponding tranlsations :-)aepi
(with index finger pointing towards sky) - Aeroplanemamai
- Maggi/ Vermicelliappy appy
- Happy birthday/Happy deepavali (anything that starts with happy :-))beek
- bikebiiii taaa
- biiiiig car!!! (as in Esteem ad)laai
- banana (this one is very strange, i could not find any correlation)pat pat
- pattasu (crackers)taattet
(with a throwing action) - something/somebody has fell down!!
and finally, my favorite:cha
I would need updating the list as and when his vocabulary grows.